TAM South American Airpass Rules
- Minimum: 5 days from departure date of first segment.
- Maximum: 30 days from departure date of first segment.
- INF: 10% of adult fare.
- CHD: children pay adult fare.
Stopovers and Connections
- A maximum of 4 stopovers within Brazil and 2 within other countries will be permitted in addition to the point of origin/destination.
- If the connection exceeds 24 hours, it will be considered as a stopover.
- Exception: If a JJ connection between two domestic flights within Brazil exceeds 4 hours, it will be considered as a Stopover.
- “Surface” is not counted as a coupon.
- Route must include at least 2 (two) countries within the area covered by the TAM SOUTH AMERICA AIRPASS.
- Maximum of 8 (eight) flight coupons permitted, with a maximum of 5 (five) flight coupons per country.
- The same segment may not be flown more than once in the same direction, except for connections.
- The same city may not be used as an origin/destination more than once, except for connections.
- Each segment flown corresponds to one coupon.
- All segments of the trip must be confirmed before departure.
- Booking classes are W or V.
- Valid for sales and ticketing only outside of South America (purchase and ticketing).
- Only one South America Airpass may be purchased per passenger in conjunction with the international ticket (including AD/ID or award tickets).
- The Airpass ticket must be issued separately and must include a cross-reference of the international ticket sold in conjunction with the Airpass.
- Applicable taxes (airport tax, security and additional taxes) must be charged when issuing the Airpass.
- Tickets are non-endorsable/nontransferable.
- Rebooking permitted at any time subject to penalty on condition that the same fare is maintained.
- Rerouting: Not permitted.
- Before departure: Refundable. Penalty: USD 150.00.
- After departure: Non-refundable.
- The baggage allowance for domestic segments covered by the TAM SOUTH AMERICA AIRPASS is the same as permitted on international segments.
- In the event of excess baggage, 0.5% of the ‘Y” applicable fare for the segment in question if flown within Brazil and 1% of the “Y” applicable fare for the segment in question, if flown in South America (except Brazil), per extra kilo.
- Segment flown with the Airpass will accumulate 90% of the full points value under the TAM Fidelidade Frequent Flyer Program.