Sancho Bay in Fernando de Noronha Archipelago was voted by Tripadvisor as the best beach in the world in 2014.
The Travel Site Tripadvisor, one of the most visited travel sites in the world released its annual results for best beach in the World, and the number one spot selected by Tripadvisors readers was Sancho Bay in Fernando de Noronha Island, off the coast of Brazil.
This is the complete list:
The beach on Sancho Bay (or Baia do Sancho) at No. 1 is a UNESCO Natural World Heritage Site located on the island Fernando de Noronha, east of the mainland. Other top 10 in the world include:
2. Grace Bay, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
3. Flamenco Beach, Culebra, Puerto Rico
4. Rabbit Beach, Lampedusa, Italy
5. Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Island, Australia
6. Playa de ses Illetes, Formentera, Spain
7. Anse Lazio, Praslin Island, Seychelles
8. Lanikai Beach in Kailua, Oahu, Hawaii
9. Rhossili Bay, Swansea, Wales
10. Playa Norte, Isla Mujeres, Mexico
In the United States, Lanikai Beach takes the top spot with lots of love for some of Hawaii’s most iconic beaches:
2. Ka’anapali Beach, Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii
3. Siesta Key Public Beach, Siesta Key, Fla.
4. Hanalei Beach, Hanalei, Kauai, Hawaii
5. Wai’anapanapa State Park, Hana, Maui, Hawaii
6. Wailea Beach, Wailea, Maui, Hawaii
7. Hunting Island State Park, Beaufort, S.C.
8. Manini’owali Beach (Kua Bay), Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
9. Saint Pete Beach, Saint Pete Beach, Fla.
10. Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii
View Larger Map