Loading...

BLOG

Brazil repatriated 26 thousand people in one Week

Flying passengers from other countries back to Brazil has been a very important issue in times of a coronavirus pandemic.

According to the Brazilian Association of Airlines (ABEAR), during the week from March 23 to 29, approximately 26 thousand people, from 27 different countries, returned to the country through private companies.

The numbers are the result of the efforts of the Federal Government to repatriate Brazilians abroad, which required actions by a task force involving the ministries of Tourism and Foreign Affairs, Anac (National Civil Aviation Agency) and Embratur.

ABEAR estimates that 65% of the almost 26 thousand passengers that arrived during the period were Brazilians. The other 35% are made up of Latin American passengers who connected in Guarulhos to return to their cities of residence.

Recent Articles

Need help planning your trip to Brazil?

Our expert Brazil Travel Agents are here to help!